Thursday, January 31, 2013

...January, gone in a flash...

Its the last day of January...

I don't know why, but time seems to fly by these days.

And although it seemed like a short month, overall it it wasn't half bad.

*  I have successfully remained "candy" free for the last 31 days!  Despite having my children ask by putting candy IN MY FACE if I want any... or my co-worker who thinks it's funny to put candy ON MY COMPUTER...I have remained candy free.  I have allowed myself to have some dark chocolate covered almonds (purely for the health benefit!!) but have even switched those to the cocoa covered ones.  I can't say that it has done anything for my tummy though because I seem to have picked up a new love for other sweet things...

* I got a little behind on my goal to exercise at least 3 hours a week because I was pretty sick for an entire week...but I am catching up.

* I went to the dentist and got a great check-up, but found out that in my "older" age, my teeth are starting to shift a bit.  Which sucks, because I have never had braces and have pretty straight teeth.  So, I will be doing a 3 tray invisalign this summer and will wear a retainer to prevent further movement.

* I just finished reading a book where there was an underlying theme of co-dependancy between a mother and daughter.  As the girl got older, she learned to resent her mom for always allowing the daughter to "need" her.  I'll be honest... it made me feel a little tight-chested as I thought about my future with Taya.  The girl is NEEDY... and I give in.  She is my baby.   I did say CO-dependance though, so I'm not innocent.  I need her tight hugs and snuggles as much as she does.  And I don't mind carrying her even though she is getting too old to be carried because she gives me that "weight" that I need.  It drives Dave nuts.  And I try to say no, but she is such good sensory for me.   I will just have to say extra prayers that she will never turn against me.

* I have officially given up the nails.  And  I tried the Jamberry shields on my nails.  Which was a fail.  So... I think I will just stick with a weekly polish with a good top coat.  (*** My toe shields are still going strong though***)

* Work is crazy-ass busy...but rewarding at the same time.

* I am continuing to be amazed at the great little writer and artist Merrick has turned in to.  Yesterday I walked in to her school and saw this writing, and it took my breath away!


* Speaking of Miss M, she had her 7 year well-visit and is healthy as can be.  She has come a long way since her 15 month Cystic Fibrosis test!!  She is right under the 50th percentile for both height and weight which is a shock to me since I feel like she is SO BIG!!!

* For Merrick's birthday, I survived a sleep over with 3 over her friends.  I say survived, but actually, it was pretty fun!

* Taya had another little "heart hurting" episode this month where she very clearly described her heart knocking at her from the inside.  The pediatrician has 100% faith in the Cardiologist's read and says we have no worries.  Oh, OK??  :)  (Just in case you need to know... apparently an abnormal EKG is normal!)  But seriously, he is one of the best pediatric cardiologists in the area and obviously knows more than I do.

* I have finally decided to tackle this horrible face skin problem that I have...by doing less.  And it may be working.  I am an over-corrector, so I am trying to sit back and use the most gentle things on my face that I can to avoid flare-ups.  I am also trying a new mineral foundation... it is paraben free, gluten free, mineral oil free, talc free and fragrance free.  And so far I like it.  I'm not all crunchy like some of my friends, but I find myself leaning that way more and more, with both my face and some of my foods.

* My crocheting has slowed down a bit, and my sewing has picked up a bit. The sewing frustrates the heck out of me, but so does the price of American Girl doll clothes...

* I have kind of stolen an idea from one of my friends who has decided to take a picture every day of the year and scrapbook it at the end.  I have decided to take one month at a time and start staying on top of my digital scrapbooks by using a collection of pictures from each month (not daily!) and do one for each year.  I may also start doing a monthly re-cap on here to add in as well!!

So, that's about it... January, you were gone in a flash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS