- "You've go this."
- "It's going to get better."
- "Dear God, please just help me make it through the day." (ok, there is a little more to that one, but I am NOT a public prayer. Unless you are 3, or one of my kids, you will never hear the utterance of a REAL prayer come out of my mouth.)
- "Read these verses"
I know that no ones job is easy. And I am not going to get in to any specifics... but dang, my job is giving me a run for my money. I am emotionally drained, physically tense, and pretty much just at a point where I am having to do some serious soul searching to figure out where I am or need to be in my career.
So, reality check. Is anything easy? I mean, really? Because doesn't EVERYONE have their own thing going on?
Yeah, I'm struggling at work. But..
- I have a warm home to sleep in.
- There is always food to eat.
- I have an AMAZING little family of 4.
- Everyone in my family is healthy.
- I have a job that pays the bills.
- Dave has a job that pays the bills.
- Our girls are smart.
- Our girls well behaved and have great manners.
- I don't have to worry about how to pay for Christmas presents.
- I grew up not knowing what divorce felt like.
- I have never been beaten or abused.
- I have a husband that buys me things I would never buy for myself.
- I have true friends that love me and that I know I can count on for just about anything.
This is just a small list. And ALL of these things are so much more important than any obstacles I am facing in my professional life. :)