Friday, November 22, 2013

...when things aren't easy...

Over the past couple of weeks I have been really turning to friends, my husband, my pastor and God for a lot of reassurance, pep talks and prayer time.  There is always the same theme: making it through the day.

  • "You've go this."
  • "It's going to get better."
  • "Dear God, please just help me make it through the day."  (ok, there is a little more to that one, but I am NOT a public prayer.  Unless you are 3, or one of my kids, you will never hear the utterance of a REAL prayer come out of my mouth.)
  • "Read these verses"
I know that no ones job is easy.  And I am not going to get in to any specifics... but dang, my job is giving me a run for my money.  I am emotionally drained, physically tense, and pretty much just  at a point where I am having to do some serious soul searching to figure out where I am or need to be in my career.


So, reality check.  Is anything easy?  I mean, really?  Because doesn't EVERYONE have their own thing going on?

Yeah, I'm struggling at work.  But..
  • I have a warm home to sleep in.
  • There is always food to eat.
  • I have an AMAZING little family of 4.
  • Everyone in my family is healthy.
  • I have a job that pays the bills.
  • Dave has a job that pays the bills.
  • Our girls are smart.
  • Our girls well behaved and have great manners.
  • I don't have to worry about how to pay for Christmas presents.
  • I grew up not knowing what divorce felt like.
  • I have never been beaten or abused.
  • I have a husband that buys me things I would never buy for myself.
  • I have true friends that love me and that I know I can count on for just about anything.
This is just a small list.  And ALL of these things are so much more important than any obstacles I am facing in my professional life.  :)



...





1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry things are hard right now, but I'm glad you have so many blessings in your life. I hope you find what you're looking for in terms of job satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS